From this learning activity you will:
- Have access to echocardiography images in patients receiving cancer therapy to measure global longitudinal strain (GLS).
- Be able to analyze the cases and send it back for expert review and feedback (personalized).
- Have the ability to compare your diagnosis of cardiotoxicity based on an external reference standard and clinical information.
- Use the personalized feedback to analyze a second set of cases to assess improvement in accuracy.
Please read the following documents prior to beginning the learning activity:
- Strain Image Selection and Post-Processing Examples
- Negishi et al., 2015. Practical Guidance in Echocardiographic Assessment of Global Longitudinal Strain. JACC.
- Please watch Supplement Videos 1, 6, 10, 12, 13 in the link below which provide step-by-step instructions to analyze strain using GE, Philips and Tomtec.
Once you have completed Step 1, please fill out the form below in order to download the Strain Case Studies, the Cases Import and Export Instructions, and the Strain Data Capture Excel File. Note:
- Some of the cases were diagnosed with cardiotoxicity while others were not.
- Two relevant time points during cancer therapy were chosen. These time points will be discussed during feedback.
- Please follow the instructions very carefully.
- You will receive an email with the link to upload your analysis. We will not be able to provide you with personalized feedback without this.
If you have any questions, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strain Case Study Download Form
Please fill out the form below in order to download the Strain Case Studies, the Cases Import and Export Instructions, and the Strain Data Capture Excel File: