We recommend that you use the latest version of Chrome or Firefox for the best experience.
* EchoInsight software and cases are available online, no download required.
GE cases will require the use of participants’ local strain analysis software.
From this learning activity you will:
- Have access to echocardiography images in patients receiving cancer therapy to measure global longitudinal strain (GLS).
- Be able to analyze the cases and send it back for expert review and feedback (personalized).
- Have the ability to compare your diagnosis of cardiotoxicity based on an external reference standard and clinical information.
- Use the personalized feedback to analyze a second set of cases to assess improvement in accuracy.
Please read the following documents prior to beginning the learning activity:
- Strain Image Selection and Post-Processing Examples
- Negishi et al., 2015. Practical Guidance in Echocardiographic Assessment of Global Longitudinal Strain. JACC.
- For EchoInsight: a step-by-step guide for analyzing strain will be provided from Epsilon once you have signed up with EchoInsight.
- For GE, Philips and Tomtec: please watch Supplemental Videos 1, 6, 10, 12, 13 at the link below which provide step-by-step instructions as to how to analyze strain this software:
Once you have completed Step 1, please fill out the form below.
- Some of the cases were diagnosed with cardiotoxicity while others were not.
- Two relevant time points during cancer therapy were chosen. These time points will be discussed during feedback.
- Please follow the instructions very carefully.
If you have any questions, please email our team at email@example.com.
Strain Case Study Download Form
Please fill out the form below. Upon completion, select the software you would like to use to complete this learning activity.